TRIGGER WARNING: SUICIDE
This is a CinderFella story and I have this book ever since it showed up on my doorstep unsolicited. The cover is beautiful and underneath the dust jacket is the brightest neon pink I have ever seen and purple foil title on the spine. Going into this book, The only thing I knew was that this was a male male romance and they meet at a club.
Nate and Cameron are polar opposites. Just like Cinderella and Prince Charming. Nate is this edgy and fashion faux pau songwriter. He is grieving over his dad who committed suicide. He has a grudge against this rich family who owns the record company who his dad was signed with. Cameron is the son of the owner of Paradise Entertainment, the record label that Nate's dad was contracted with. Cameron is there to sign a band and Nate is out with his best friend Victor. Right away, Cameron spots Nate on the dance floor and instant attraction. They go outside and immediately sparks fly until Cameron's bodyguard blurts out his last name and Nate goes a complete 180 and is filled with hate and anger. As Nate is walking away from Cameron, Cameron takes a picture of Nate and the only thing that is visible are Nate's chuck taylors that have sharpie drawings.
This book had a lot of pop culture references. The whole time I was reading I was expecting Cameron to be the stereotypical douche bag rich boy that would backstab Nate and I was screaming at Nate when he signed a contract and didn't have a lawyer look it over. The stepmom wasn't the villain, but she was still a loser type.

No comments:
Post a Comment