Friday, April 2, 2021

Review: Saga Volume 7-8 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples *SPOILERS*

 SAGA VOLUME 7


Once again, this series has me bawling my eyes out over the ending. The whole volume was just a stab in the heart. We lost some important characters and my favorite character Lying Cat was made to choose between staying with his new friends Sophie and Gwendolyn or going back to The Will. Lying Cat was just so sad and I could not handle it.

Also I was even more irritated with Prince Robot IV. He didn't even try to stop Izabel from doing the recon and she ends up dying again. Now she is dead dead and her bond with Hazel was broken and I was upset that Hazel couldn't feel her anymore.

And the end, I will not go into much detail but Alana and Marko have a miscarriage. 



SAGA VOLUME 8


Going into this one, I had no expectations. I didn't know what to expect and it turn out to be one of my least favorites in the series. It also introduces new characters and the story lines were rushed. From the very beginning we are in a new planet that has a place called abortion city and Alana and Prince Robot IV are trying to get rid of the baby. It was very confusing and then it explains everything a little bit later. it has a western feel to it, which I don't really like westerns. It has a religion aspect and these characters are against the abortions and D&C surgeries. 

There is a paranormal aspect where Alana is projecting her "son" that she just lost and he becomes very bonded with Hazel right away and when he finally fades away, it was very heartbreaking. The ending was so fucking rushed. I hated it. Here's to hoping that Volume 9 will be better when ever I get the chance to buy it or my library decides to get it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...