Saturday, June 18, 2022

Review: Around the World in 80 Books by David Damrosch

 

Third book done for the month. This book may have put me in a reading slump. I forget who I got this book recommendation from and I was so excited to read it because it came out last year and it was already available at my library. I am always looking for book recommendations set in countries that are not as popular as other countries. I thought this would give good book recommendations and have a literary itinerary. That was not the case. My expectations were met somewhat, but it took me a week and a half to read this. Most of the books mentioned were connected to other books, and then it seemed like the author was stretching to somehow make the other books connect. The countries mentioned are well known. I was hoping for some Middle East countries, some Pacific islands, and more from South America. 

It does mention a lot of the world's plagues along with Covid-19. I did add some books to my TBR that I am really interested in. I was also spoiled for some of the books because the author does give reviews of the books along with backgrounds of the authors and some details about where the books take place or where the authors are from. 

This put me in a small slump because I am not in the mood to read, but I do need to finish my stack of library books which I have another nonfiction and the rest are thankfully graphic novels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...