Monday, August 29, 2022

Review: Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon


 I had to buy the 25th anniversary edition of this because after reading Outlander, I just could not get it out of my mind. I kept thinking of it and ended up changing my rating froma 4 to a 5 and I absolutely LOVED season 1 of the show. Going into this, I had no expectations and was just going along with it.

The first half of this made me shook and I also laughed way to much at Jamie. I read along while listening to the audio book and there were so word changes and sentences left out. I did enjoy the connections to the minor characters in the first book. I enjoyed learning who Roger really was and I had questions answered, but more popped up. 

I didn't think I would enjoy the setting as much because they left Scotland, but I enjoyed the France setting and the royal life. Some characters were just weird and annoying. How some scharacters acted towards each other after being horrible in the first was very bizzare.

This installment has two timelines again. We start the book in the 1960s and then we go back to the 1700s. There were some parts that I cried at and then the end where I was expecting to cry, I didn't because I know there are more books and this character is alive because duh the show spoils everything in trailers and posters. 

I did get a little bored at the end with the fighting between the Highlanders and the Red Coats. I couldn't wait to start the second season of the show while reading this and now I am not that eager to start the second season. Again, I ended up giving this a 4 out of 5 stars because I am just not thinking of it as much as I did Outlander when I finished. I have no idea what to expect in book 3 and don't know if I will pick that up before the end of this year or at the beginning of next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...