Monday, December 5, 2022

Review: The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan & Maureen Johnson

 



The last time I read a Shadowhunter book was last year in July and I cried my damn eyes out and wanted to immediately read The Bane Chronicles and put it on every TBR since and I have finally read it. It took me a week but man it was so good. I love Magnus Bane!! He is one of my favorite characters that I have read in the Shadowhunter world so far. He tops Jem and I am obsessed with everything Jem aka someone else but I will not be spoiling that tidbit of info.

Anyways, going into this I knew that it was a bunch of short stories of his life throughout the many years of his life till current day with Clary, Jace and Alec and all the others. It goes into detail of his intense friendships with Ragnor Fell and Catarina Loss. They are sassy and sarcastic, The nicknames that they have and joke on was the best part of the beginning. Ragnor blaming everything especially the earthquake on Magnus was hilarious. 

It also brings a tough and emotional moment with our favorite trio from the infernal devices and it hit me in the feels. There were a few stories at the end where they weren't my favorite like his first date with Alec. I could care less about that. I may feel different about the relationship once I read The Red Scrolls of Magic or some of the other series, but right now I am indifferent to that relationship. I would have liked a story of him continuing to do the memory spell on a certain character as she was growing up. I think that was a missed opportunity. Also, the first date story was the only one written solely by Cassandra Clare and the rest she co wrote with the other two authors attached. So the creator of this world had the weakest story in my opinion. 

The next two that I have to read before I can start The Dark Artifices series are The Shadowhunter Codex and Tales from The Shadowhunter Academy. 

If you have not read any of the books in the Shadowhunter Universe, please do so because they are worth it. The first book is very cringe but gets ten times better by the end of the first series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...