In todays post I wanted to share my December TBR. I am 8 books away from my Goodreads goal and the last 3 weeks, I have only finished 3 books with each book taking me a week to read. I want to read but just don't have the time and now my little bit of me time that I have had for the past few months are now going to a new little member of my family. Everyone meet Pizza! Her name came from the shirt I was wearing on Friday which was a Marvel Hawkeye shirt of Lucky the Pizza Dog.
My husband rescued her on his way home from work on Friday night. We live in the country and he always takes back roads home and it was almost completely dark and he had to slam on brakes because this little baby ran out in front of him and went under the car to the tire and curled up. She was not the only one. There is an even sadder part to this story. There was a black and brown puppy that had been hit by a car and there was no way for my husband to move this puppy. He called me crying and this man does not cry.
This road is uninhabited. No one lives on this road. We are 100% sure that she was dumped. There was no mama and no other puppies that we could see. Right when he pulled into the yard, I could see her through the window and I immediately knew that she was ours to keep. This baby was exhausted, scared and lonely.
Yesterday, we took her to the Petsmart vet because our vet that we take our German Shepherd and 3 cats too are not open on the weekend. They determined that she is between 3-4 weeks old. She is a labrador and she is a little over 3 pounds. She is perfect besides some digestion issues which is understandable because she doesn't have her mama's nutrients. And also some puss filled ant bites near her private area.
She has gotten so comfortable in the 24 hours that she has been here. She is playful and teething like a mad woman. She is growling and finding her bark. She is obsessed with Si our German Shepherd and Si tried to play with her today, it was cute. The only animal that is not to comfortable yet is my cat Luna. She is the youngest of my three cats and a complete diva.
All of our animals have been rescues by my husband. He can't stand to see an animal on the side of a road or in abandoned buildings or living on the street. I have told him that this is our last animal because our cats are up in their years and unfortunately, our oldest cat Missy is not doing that great health wise.
Anyways, Pizza is our new puppy and my reading may be non existent for a while.... hoping not. I did finish a book yesterday that I started last Saturday and that was The Bane Chronicles.
I also started an ebook called This Eternity of Masks and Shadows and it is about Inuit mythology I believe. The one chapter I have read so far has been really good and intriguing.
I am going to be trying my damndest to finish this in a couple days and not take a week.
Here I leave you with more pictures of my newest hellbeast!







What a cute distraction from reading!
ReplyDeleteAwww, that's the cutest excuse not to read. I'm glad your husband was able to rescue her and give her a good home. Have a good week!
ReplyDeleteAdorable. A good excuse not to read.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
My post:
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/12/04/sunday-post-60/
Your husband wins best husband award for rescuing all those animals. So sorry about the one puppy that could not be saved. Pizza is a sweet little thing.
ReplyDelete