Sunday, March 26, 2023

It's Been Awhile// Sunday Post #51


 The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Long time no speak. I have had such a busy month that blogging was the furthest thing from my mind. So many things have been happening. Mostly good, others not that great. It's been a month since my last Sunday Post and I think the last time I wrote I said that I was starting a garden and I planted potatoes. Those have been thriving besides the few that got frost burn when we had freezing temps last week. I got some flowers planted, garlic, green onions, beets, carrots and some leafy greens. 

I am still babysitting the toddlers. I get them off the school bus everyday and we have a routine and I am no longer having an anxiety attack about getting school work done with my girls and keeping the little gremlins entertained. Since I am devoting most of my time to babysitting and of course homeschooling my kids, I have to get up super early in the morning to start my work day because I do work from home and I also have to take care of my 3 cats and 2 dogs. I have to give them breakfast and play with my dogs to give them exercise. 

This week will be our spring break so I am hoping that my days will be a little more relaxed, but I am having slight anxiety because my 4 almost 5 month old pitbull labrador puppy Pizza will be getting spayed on Monday. All my animals have had this surgery and it is nerve wracking every time. I don't want her to feel like I betrayed her or abandoned her. 


Reading wise, I have been feeling slumpy. I was struggling through some books that I read at the beginning of the month and I just finished a book that I really liked and I really need to pick up the second and third book. That book is called Otherworld by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller. My review for it will be up tomorrow. I am currently in the middle of three books. I am reading the third City Spies books by James Ponti outloud to my kids. I am about to start Shattered Midnight by Dhonielle Clayton which is the second book in the mirror series. The first book is Broken Wish by Julie C. Dao and I read that last year and really loved it. Then the third book I am in the middle of is a book that I am reading really slowly and taking notes. It is The Weekend Homesteader. It is kind of like a 12 month checklist of what to do if you garden and when to plant and if you have farm animals or just chickens...stuff like that. I don't have chickens yet, but maybe soon. 

My girl Si

I bought some books. Shocker I know. My book buying ban was going so well, but I needed to get my hands on Chain of Thorns by Cassandra Clare. I am no where near ready to start reading that series but I have it for when I am. I have gotten a good bit of graphic novels for upcoming blog tours.

There is so much more that I want to put into this post, but I am getting bored and I know ya'll probably are too. So I will be back next week..... to talk about how our spring break went.



8 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like you are busy with lots of balls you are juggling.

    Shout out the City Spies (although I didn't enjoy the third one as much as the rest of the series).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can take some downtime for yourself - lots going on for you! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I loved the Otherworld series! Glad it's still getting some love. I can see how you are so busy! Craziness. Hope you have a good week on your spring break. It's my spring break as well!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang!!! You definitely HAVE been busy!!!! Toddlers sound like so much fun! Hope everything goes well for Pizza's surgergy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a good spring break.Glad the gardening is going well, it's getting close to when I can plant some lettuce here-- Hoping Pizza's surgery is a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been in a reading slump lately too, although that had more to do with me being so busy for the past year or so. Hopefully, I can get back into reading soon!

    Here’s my Sunday Post

    And my Sunday Watch for movie and TV fans!

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you're enjoying spring break!

    Jill
    http://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/blog-1/2023/3/12/on-my-nightstand-march-12-2023-3x56s-7tzcc

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...