A book that I owned and wanted to read when the hype was real but then it turned out that the author is problematic and it took away my enjoyment. I give this a 2 out of 5 stars because I genuinely hated every character. I had just finished reading the first book of Bridgerton and I didn't care about the time period in that book. This book reminded me wy I dislike the Victorian time period.
Monty is so self absorbed and whiny. Felicity should have definitely been the old sister instead of younger. I did like what her character was offered at the end. I ended up liking the quest once the pirates were introduced and how they had to sneak into the prison. The ending with the heart was the best part.
I disliked that Mackenzie Lee who is known for writing her signature in POC author books over there name and then she has a black character in her book who goes through racist comments and hate. I feel that this book was a way for her to show her true colors before she got caught.
I will not be continuing this series and I don't want to support Mackenzie Lee as an author but I really want to read the Marvel books she has written because I am Marvel trash.

No comments:
Post a Comment