I think I am getting into a slump and it is all thanks to this book and the one previous. It has just taken me so long to get through these. This book is also under 200 pages and it took me about 4-5 days to read. I am also fighting the worst pollen attack of all time.
Like everyone else, I got the hype to read all of the cat books that are written by Japanese authors and this is the one I chose to fulfill my buzzword readathon prompt. I was just bored and reading a few pages and putting it down. When I was reading, I was falling asleep which NEVER happens. It wasn't just once or twice, it was every single time that I sat down to read this.
This book is about a high school boy named Rintaro and his grandfather has just died. Rintaro is skipping school and cosing himself up in the bookstore that his grandfather owned. One day, this rude ass tabby cat just pops out of no where and says that he need Rintaro to go one some quests to save books.
The title is very misleading because the cat doesn't save any of the books. He is more like Rintaro's handler and gives him the job and tells him to get it done or he will be stuck forever in the labrynth. Of course during the course of the book, Rintaro comes out of his shell and learns some life lessons and the book ends with him no longer grieving.

I liked how the book compartmentalizes people who destroy books, either by hoarding them, reducing them to summaries, or other ways that the men in the labyrinth represent. Too bad it was sleep inducing, lol. Maybe another time…Good luck with the cat books, The Japanese consider them good luck.
ReplyDelete