Sunday, October 13, 2024

Ready For 2024 To Be Over// Sunday Post #71

 


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimberly from The Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

Quick shoutout to Wendy from the Literary Feline. Thank you so much for the gift. I got it today (Saturday) and it made me cry and my husband got a little sniffle. He is not a reader. He was touched by your kindness. So thank you so much for putting a smile on our faces after another long week.

If ya'll haven't read my last Sunday Post, I talk about how my grandmas was in the hospital for a week and a half. My daughters,hubby and I went and spent a good portion of October 5th with her and a couple hours after we left, she passed in her sleep. She had been fighting going to sleep the whole day and night before. We were all telling her to take a nap and she was refusing. She knew. 

The whole week has been long and I have been stuck in my thoughts. I homeschool my kids and we did the bare minimum to count school days. My hubby got three days bereavement and those days had a lot of crying, silent treatment and screaming and blaming. 

Then Hurricane Milton hit Florida. I live in South Carolina, but my grandmother's home town Bradenton got hit. The house where my great aunt lived and my cousins got destroyed. The tree that they had in their yard that I am allergic to is completely gone. But thankfully, they evacuated and are safe. 

I am a person who does not like rushing the year by, but with 2024 being one of the worst since 2020, I am beyond ready for 2025. 

7 comments:

  1. Sorry about your grandma. It's hard, but hope your family gets through it okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope that you and your family find comfort in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that you are going through so much right now. I hope and pray that you will find some peace soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a heck of a week, I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for all the crap happening in your life right now!!! Hope some brighter days are just around the corner!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot. I'm so sorry.

    Jill
    https://www.allthebooksihaventread.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sad and stressful week. I’m so sorry about your loss. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...