Monday, March 17, 2025

Review: Escaping From Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco

 


I enjoyed the second book so much in this series, that I immediately requested the this from the library because I was obsessed with the relationship between Audrey Rose and Thomas. I was SOOOOOO disappointed with this book. I ended up giving it a 2 out of 5 stars. I hated the setting and the repetitive story telling. I have learned that I do not like books set on boats, because the setting is isloated and minimal.

Audrey Rose, Thomas and her Uncle are on a ship bound for America and every night on the ship, there is a Midnight Carnival. The first night, Audrey Rose, Thomas and her uncle are sitting at a table with a family named The Prescotts. When the show is over, the young daughter sitting at the table has been murder with knives in her back.

That is what happens every night this carnival continues. There is a dead body found either during or after the show. There are so many clues that make the whole thing redundant. They want to question people but cant because said people don't want to be bothered. It makes it even more suspiscious when the ringmaster takes an interest in Audrey Rose and makes Thomas jealous.

The only thing that made me raise my eyebrows was there was an almost inappropriate scene between Audrey Rose and Thomas, which if it would have happened, I would have given the book a 3 star. 

My dislike while reading this put me in a slump and I also took a week and a half to read this. I didn't want to DNF because I do want to read the 4th book and finish the series and hope that there is more relationship between Audrey Rose and Thomas because the shit that went down between these two and the almost breakup had me wanting to throw this book but not because I probably would have broken something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...