I was sent a box a couple months ago that had a lot of light novels included and they are for future blog tours. I read this one first because I have been really into Dungeon Crawler Carl and I have been wanting to read more like it. This is a light novel and I had no idea what that was going into this. Upon starting this, I learned that this is a long ass series and the first book is over 700 pages. With this being a light novel, the first book has been cut into parts to make it into an easier read.
I don't know if any of the content in the chapters were edited out, but I did get the first book on KU and I looked at the chapter list and the chapter titles and numbers are the same. So I am looking forward to volume 2 of the light novel to be released next year.
I would continue reading the actual full length novel, but I have so many priority reads for the rest of the year. I ended up giving this a 3 out of 5 star because the whole part in the nature reserve ad Jack our main character fighting the goblins and the bears was very very reptetitive and I was annoyed. I was also annoyed with how he kept putting al of his stat points into physical and not mental and that the reader was constantly reminded that he almost had a PhD and so he was already super smart.
The fight with the black wolves really upset me because I like wolves and having to read that their bodies and heads were exploding from his punches were just too much for me. Also the information and the section of the Dao root and it merging with his punches and how it exactly it happened flew right over my head.
Where this volume leaves off is he has just gotten rid of the faction that controlled Valville. I honestly think that this was not a cliffhanger. I think it should have ended a chapter earlier to keep the intrigue for the next volume.

No comments:
Post a Comment