Another 5 star in a new favorite series. This is the third and final book and I am so sad that it is over. I took my time reading this one because I didn't want it to end. I have been putting this review off for over a week. The book picks up with Mikhail's POV and it is clear that he is being affected by the water scepter.
I could pick up on the character difference and I was honestly not really into his character. I was hesitant to put much thought into it because I didn't want it to change how I felt about the book, but I realize now that the feeling I had made sense. He gets more bloodthirsty and ruthless because he is still not grieving the loss of Euyn and he is also processing that he is the lost prince of Gyan. They plan to go back to his homeland to take back his throne from Yusan.
Thiyung is free from the prison and he learns that his father has crowned himself the king of Yusan. That must mean that King Joon is finally dead. He also learns from Hanna that Daysum is truly dead and that Sora is still alive, but the whole group beside Royo have a million mun bounty each on their heads, so al of the realms under Yusan rule are on the lookout.
Sora is finally told of Daysum's death by Mikhail and Mikhail finds out that his father Ailor was branded a traitor and taken to Idle Prison. Sora is then told that Tiyhung was killed by execution and she attacks Mikhail because she thinks that he held back that information.
Aeri and Royo finally become a couple and they have sexy time which is implied but not told in detail. The group go back to the western count to get his help and that is where Mikhail learns of more betrayals and the count's true intentions. Sore learns that another poison maiden is on the side of King Seok and the count.
So much happened in this that I will be re-reading this because I did find myself getting a little bored at times and really thought this would be a 4 star. The ending though made me cry when Dragon Lord Aeri blessed Sora and made her the first Dragon Queen of Yusan. I do hope that in the future we get another series from Royo and more from Aeri.

No comments:
Post a Comment