Fourth short story in the Omega series. I had a hard time focusing on this when I started it. I usually read these when my kids go to events at our local library and I am sitting in the main part. I know the reason I had trouble focusing and it definitely affected how I enjoyed this one when I reread the next day.
In the previous story, we learned about Phoibe's shadow friend Lantos. We learn his origins and his motives in this story. We learn that he is the son of a titan and that he also has a red ribbon around his wrist to keep him hidden from the Gods. He is trying to find out what happened to Mismatch and why he never showed up. We also learn that he was tasked by his father to befriend Phoibe and kill her to start a war with the Gods.
Lantos wants his dad favor and respect and wants to be part of his family after being orphaned on the streets when he was a child. He finds Alessandra's home and he finds a badly injured Mismatch. Mismatch is dying and Mrs Nettles is trying to heal him. Mismatch ends up turning back into his human form after Lantos takes his memories of Alessandra.
The end of this story, we get Mismatch's real name which is Adonis and he has killed a wealthy family and taken over their high rise apartment and he gifts it to Lantos. I hate that this really changed my whole attitude and feelings toward Mismatch. His name is god awful....no pun intended.

No comments:
Post a Comment