Monday, November 17, 2025

Review: Theodocia by Lizzy Ford

 


Another novella done and one story closer to the novel. I finally bought the first book in the duology. This short story follows Theodocia who is now the youngest ever High Priestess at just 18. 

I kind of forgot who this character was when I started this because it has been a good few weeks between my read of Lantos and this one. I keep these for when my kids have library events, and I can get through the 30 page books in 30 minutes.

But back to the topic, Theodocia has become the youngest high priestess and she is now a target for the other priestesses who have been in their roles for years and coveted the job. She is now in charge of Phoibe the little Crown Princess who was abused by the previous high priestess. Theodocia is also aquaitances with Lantos and is curious about his background and who his godly father is. He tells her immediately that Phoibe is in danger and also herself.

Theodocia also has a normal life or had before she gets this major job and has to move away. She lives with her boyfriend Niko who is a lowlife and a brawler. He gets a spot in the Gladiator guild and he is always spending money on weapons. He doesn't really care about her job and he wants her to decline the promotion to stay with him because he finally has a "good job" fighting and making money or to eventually make money if he survives.

But Theodocia also has another surprise and that she is pregnant. Right away Niko says he knows someone that can deal with their mistake and she asks him how he knows someone, and he tells her that he sent a good few women to him in the past and he doesn't know how many. I was so disgusted and was so glad that Theodocia left him. But the fact that he called her and still asked her to come back and give up her job and the baby was just another reason that I do not want to read his book. She also got a strike against her when she told him she loved him back at the end of the phone call...

GIRL.. NO. He is a walking red flag. The biggest and brighest one on Earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...