Saturday, November 22, 2025

Review: Lovelight Farms by B.K. Borison

 


ANOTHER 5 star romance in the stats for the year. I have been wanting to read this for the past two years but my library had a hold list miles long and when it was not on hold, it was the middle of summer. I love summer and do not rush the holidays. I requested this weeks before Halloween and was able to renew it before other people started requesting it. Thankfully, I read this when I did because this is more based around Thanksgiving and that is my second favorite holiday.

The story starts off immediately with the plot of the book. Our main girl Stella is a conudrum and asks one of her employees and closest friends to be her fake boyfriend. I was drawn to Beckett instantly. I liked how he was described and could picture him looking like my hubby. I am kind of glad that the relationship took a different turn and that Luka ended up agreeing to be the fake boyfriend.

While reading this, I was comparing this to The Pumpkin Spice Cafe because of the sabatoge that was happening at the farm and a jilted character who got the short end of the stick. I really loved Luka's family. One of my favorite things to include in books is a big Italian family. I am not Italian, but the familial dynamic reminds me of my family and my great grandparents who were the rock and central hub of the family. It is one of the things I miss around the holidays and this brought so many memories to the fore front and gave me conversation topics during dinner with my hubby and kids.

There was one part of the book where I got really pissed off and I was on Team Luka. I was not a fan of Stella. It was the morning after their first time and Stella said the most stupid asinine thing and she deserved to be throat punched. I don't condone violence, but this bitch definitely needed it. 

I am looking forward to the second book, but I don't think the relationship between Beckett and Evelyn will be a favorite because they were each other's one night stand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...