Thursday, October 9, 2014

Kindergarten: Week 9

We started this week off with an apple taste test. We went and got 3 different kinds of apples on Sunday. Sammy loved it because she is an apple junky.

she was tasting the granny smith apple in this one. the apple we got was so juicy that we couldn't eat it all at once, it was that sour.



the apple closest to the cup is the honey crisp, which was everyone's favorite and then the red delicious next to it.
 
We also did fire safety week. I mentioned my brother a lot and we played with the fire trucks that they built during workshops.





Last year I found some printables where you spell the word of a color, but it came with letters to cut out and the instructions were to glue them to bottle tops. It took me a while to get Sammy to do it because we had to get enough tops. We had enough to do 2 sets of letters. She helped me hot glue the letters.



We only did four day of school this week because tomorrow is Ariana's birthday. I am ALWAYS going to give birthdays off for my kids because my brother Scoti and I were lucky to never have to attend school on our birthdays (his birthday was during summer break and my birthday was always Christmas break). So today, Samantha helped me get everything ready for Ariana's birthday tomorrow.
making a card for Ariana

Strawberry cake with chocolate chips. The other cake had AB in chocolate chips.



The rest of the week she did crafts and worksheets which is the norm. The letter she did this week was "G".



Just a few minutes ago, we closed out the week by making homemade applesauce to end our 2 week apple unit. The applesauce was so good, we are going to make it with honey crisp apples next time.
seasoned with cinnamon, allspice, and nutmeg





pouring in the water

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...