This book was really slow to start off with. It was about a Chinese business man who is in an explosion and he gets a brain injury that makes him lose his ability to speak Chinese and instead he goes back to speaking English.
He gets help from an American doctor who is a female and his world gets turned upside down even more because as his English is getting better and getting closer to the doctor, his marriage is crumbling because of the language barrier.
When the doctor's fellowship is up, the wife pleads with the doctor to stay a few more weeks to keep helping her husband and the doctor moves into their home. Eventually, the wife see's the signs that her father in law and even the translator have been pointing out and she leaves a couple times.
The second time the wife leaves, the husband, doctor, and his son go on a trip where they are caught kissing by the little boy and the husband realizes that he has been making a mistake with the whole affair.
The ending for me was disappointing because supposedly the doctor went back to America, and the family stayed together but living two separate lives, and not being able to communicate.
I give this book a 2.5 out of 5 stars. It hooked me in some spots and I couldn't stop thinking of what would come next, but then it got really dull or confusing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...
No comments:
Post a Comment