About the Book: It begins with a woman fleeing through Arizona with her kids in tow, trying to escape an abusive marriage. When she’s pulled over by an unsettling local sheriff, things soon go awry and she is taken into custody. Only when she gets to the station, her kids are gone. And then the cops start saying they never saw any kids with her, that if they’re gone than she must have done something with them…
My Thoughts: From what I read of the synopsis, I thought this would be a suspenseful thriller. I was somewhat disappointed because I didn't get sucked into it like I do most thrillers and mysteries that I read. It was a little short and from the very beginning you can tell how this story is going to play out and what's going to happen.
About the Author: Haylen Beck is the pseudonym of an acclaimed, Edgar-nominated author whose crime fiction has won the Los Angeles Times Book Prize, and made best-of-year lists with numerous publications including The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and The Boston Globe.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:
Post a Comment