Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Review: Under The Dome by Stephen King
Where to start with this book. Well, I have been wanting to read this book for a while now and waited till this summer to start. I finally finished it last night and I was really disappointed by the ending. I had to give this book a 3 stars. I was overwhelmed by the size every time I picked it up to read it, but I kept going back to it because I wanted to know what happened next. This book also had a bunch of major main characters in it, and sometimes the story lines got confusing and often left wondering, who the hell is that person again.
Stephen King did a great job with giving this little small town life and giving it personality. But I still have lots of questions after the ending. We never really get the answer to why was it just that small town that the "leatherheads" targeted. How did no one smell that big ass meth lab barn.
I wanted to know way more about Dale Barbara aka Barbie and instead we got repeated information on Big Jim Rennie. I am going to watch the show, but after reading this book and liking it all the way except the ending, I will be disappointed more. There was only one part in the story that spooked me and it was where Big Jim was in the fallout shelter and he kept seeing the ghosts of Brenda Perkins, Lester Coggins and his son Junior. I was reading that part last night at my desk and it freaked me out.
I don't know what Stephen King book I am going to read next, but it will be awhile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...

No comments:
Post a Comment