Monday, June 25, 2018

Review: Before I Saw You by Amy K. Sorrells


Before I Saw You is a book about this woman named Jaycee. She lives in this little town in Indiana that has the worst heroin epidemic. Her life has seen nothing but tragedy. She never got to meet her father and she had a loving, caring mother turned heroin dealer and junkie. She had a little baby brother name Jayden who died tragically and she feels responsible for his death.

A few years later, she has an abusive boyfriend and her mother is in jail. She is always yalking about God with her neighbor and closest ally Sudie, who is a cemetery caretaker and wildlife rehabilitator. She meets a new employee at the diner she works at and she quickly becomes friends with him.

I read this book in two days. The first half of the book was thrilling, angsty, heartbreaking, and annoying. There is a lot of Jesus and religious and bible talk and alot of repetitiveness in the second half and I was not into that. I ended up skipping over the scriptures and bible stories. I wanted more about the relationship between Gabe and Jaycee, and it ended up being that cliche that the non local guy swoops in and saves the girl from an abusive boyfriend and helps her out of her shitty situations.

I was given a complimentary copy of this book by Tyndale House Publishers and all opinions are 100% my own.

THANK YOU TYNDALE HOUSE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...