Sunday, June 24, 2018

Review: City Of Ashes by Cassandra Clare



I finally read the second book of the Mortal Instruments series and I liked it. In the past few years, I heard and read that this one wasn't people's favorites. I am in the middle. When I would put it down, I would pick it right back up again 3-5 minutes later. It was enjoyable, but it did have me huffing and rolling my eyes at times.

I was annoyed with Simon and did not like his character what so ever. I liked him in the first book, but was turned away in this one. He basically forced a relationship with Clary and was jealous of how she felt towards Jace. I am still disgusted by the Jace and Clary romance going on.

My favorite character is still Magnus Bane. He is just silly and has the best sarcasm. As for Alec, he just needs to come out of the damn closet already to his parents. He can fight and kill demons for fucks sake, but he can't tell his mom and dad that he is gay when everyone else already knows.

The ending has me confused.. where the hell is Maia?? Also, why did Simon not go poof??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...