Tuesday, June 5, 2018

School Week 38 Photo Diary

The last week of school and the last of these posts for the time being. I went on a picture taking roll and took way to many. I think I was trying to make up for all the days I didn't take pictures of. This week was very productive. We got a lot done.

Monday 5/7: We started at 10am. I had Sammy start her day off with writing about her beach trip with my mom and dad. They took her to Beaufort for her birthday trip. While she was writing that, I had Addy work on more workbook pages. Ariana started her day off with reading. We read more of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. Once we got done with our two chapters, we watched an hour of a Thomas Jefferson documentary on YouTube.

Samantha ended her day with reading. Addy did Easy Peasy lessons and also reading time with Samantha. Ariana did some pages in her workbook.

Tuesday: NO Pictures. Sammy started her day with reading time. Addy did workbook pages and Ariana did reading time with Sammy. Next, Sammy did some pages in her Big third grade workbook. Ariana started some new lessons on Reading Eggs in worksheet form. Getting them ready for summer. We finished Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and the kids loved every minute spent of reading that book. We ended the day with watching another hour of the Thomas Jefferson documentary.

Wednesday: No Pictures. Earliest start of the week. Mainly because I woke up early to watch the new episode of The Handmaid's Tale. I am OBSESSED with that show. It affected me so much that I had to choose a new show on Netflix for them to watch while I got my shit together and stopped crying long enough. They ended up watching A Night On Earth. We then started reading a new book. The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris. When I got done with reading two chapters, they went and did reading time together and Ariana read out loud to Sammy and Addy and it was so cute. Sammy finished her day with phonics worksheets. Addy worked in her workbook and Ariana worked in her scholastic 2nd grade workbook.

Thursday: We had a late start to the day. Morning work. Ariana started her day with Easy Peasy lessons. She did two days worth of lessons. Addy watched Leapfrog videos one more time this year. Sammy did phonics worksheets and then she did her Easy Peasy lessons, while Ariana started more Reading Eggs worksheets. When Addy got done with her videos, I had Ariana do reading time together while Addy did her Easy peasy lessosn. Sammy did Reading Eggs worksheets to catch up with Ariana.




We ended the day with reading three chapters of The Magic Misfits. I love that Neil Patrick Harris took inspiration from The Carnivorous Carnival and that it was also blurbed by Lemony Snicket!!

Friday: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!! We had a late start to the last day. Not what I wanted, but couldn't help it. We did morning work and our annual picture taking. My girls are getting so big. #sadface! We spent a good portion of the day watching the new season of Bill Nye Saves the World. We love Bill Nye.




After we got done watching Bill Nye, Ariana wanted to read out loud and it gave me the perfect opportunity to get this beautiful picture and a video of Ariana reading so well.
Ariana finished her year with Reading Eggs worksheets. Addy finished with doing workbook pages and Sammy did Reading Eggs worksheets as well.

I am glad that the year is done, but it seemed to fly by. I officially have a 4th grader, 3rd grader and 1st grader.

We are going to be doing a summer school of sorts. We are going to be reading, doing Reading Eggs worksheets. Math and a lot of science lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...