Thursday, October 25, 2018
Review: The House by Christina Lauren
This is another ARC that I received back in 2015 through a Goodreads giveaway win. When I picked it up, I realized that it was written by Christina Lauren, who write amazing books that have been all over Booktube.
I planned to read this last year, but didn't get around to it and so I made it a priority this year and now it is one of my favorite books. It had the right amount of creepiness and fluffy romance.
The main character Delilah has just moved back home from going to a fancy boarding school on the East Coast because her parents can no longer afford to send her since they had to put her grandmother in a home. She goes to the local high school where all former classmates welcome her back, and of course, being a small town they know why she had to move back home because her father lost his job as well.
She reunites with an old crush named Gavin. Gavin is considered the weird kid in school and that is because he lives in a Patchwork House all by himself. No one knows his parents, he doesn't hang out with friends. he is basically a loner. They get reacquainted and start dating. She asks to see his house and that is when she learns that his House is alive and has been taking care of him and nurturing him and protecting him for the 17 years.
This book had me spooked and everytime I hearda groan or a creak while reading this book, I jumped.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment