Tuesday, October 2, 2018
Review: I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
Thanks to Cayce for stopping by a little free library to drop of some of our old children's books and picking up a few books for me. This was one of them. He has been wanting me to read this book since he watched the movie a few months ago and me telling him that I wanted to read the book first before watching the movie. He found it and was super excited and told me to read it immediately. that was a month ago...lol. I had already had my reading planned out and I added this book to my September TBR at the last minute, because this is a series that I have been wanting to read.
It's about aliens. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did and I thought it would take me a while to read it.. NOPE! I read this book in three days. It was gripping, action packed, and it was a very fast read. While reading it, I looked up the cast of the movie and that also helped while rading because I could actually picture the characters.
We follow this guy named John. Actually he is known as number 4. He was brought to Earth with 8 others kids and 9 guardians to escape the destruction of their planet. He has special abilities called legacies. He always has to be on the run. The people who are trying to kill him are from the planet Mogadore that destroyed their own planet, Lorien and want to take over Earth. They are searching for the 9 children and killing them because they are the only ones who can defeat and restore Lorien. They have to be killed in order. Number 1, 2 and 3 have been found and killed and now the Mogadoriens are looking for John.
I have heard that the movie is nothing like the book and that I will be disappointed. I gave this book a 5 out of 5. Of course it's cringy and cliche, but I found it fluffy and I was hooked and got through it quick. I am going to be reading book 2 hopefully before the end of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2
I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment