Here is another book that Cayce picked up from the Little Free Library. About 7-8 years ago, we watched The Lying Game on ABC Family and then I learned that it was a book series written by this author and of course I had heard of the show Pretty Little Liars.
There are a lot of books in this series and it is targeted towards high schoolers. I know basically what happens in this series because of spoilers from fans, youtube and general TV ad's.
We follow a group of 4 girls who are in high school and they all share a secret, and a traumatic experience. They are so freakin tight in middle school until the 5th girls that they are all obsessed with disappears. The group of girls fall apart and go their own ways, and live their own lives.
This book has a lot of bullying, slut shaming, fat shaming, eating disorders, mental health problems, neglectful parents, forbidden romance, inter-racial dating, racism, self harm, underage drinking.
I read this book in a day because it was short and very easy to follow. Not much suspense if you are an adult and it is very cliche. I will read the second book, but I doubt if I will continue to read the series or watch the show.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment