Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Review: Jungleland by Christopher S. Stewart
My second non fiction read of the year and I didn't really enjoy it. I chose it to read because it was on my Goodreads TBR and I picked it out to read as a Caribbean and Latin America selection because my library had none of the books listed on ReadtheWorld.org. I read two books that take place in Central America and it pretty much is set in the same exact countries.
It's basically an adventure that have the same goal and the same routes taken to try and find "the White City." There is two timelines in this and they are told in correlating chapters. The oldest adventure took place during WW2 and that is before he becomes a spy for the US. The second is more of a present day adventure with this guy who is a city guy who lives in Brooklyn with his wife and little girl. He basically has a mid life crisis some what and what I think is that he really wanted attention. He was pissed at the end that he did all that walking in the jungle and had to battle bugs, mosquitoes, jaguars and bandits when he he found out that there is not a "white city" and that it is just a metaphor.
I give this book a two out of five. It was a quick read and the chapters are short which gave it that fast paced feel, but the story was all over the freaking place. he basically told the first explorer's life story and didn't dig deeper in to the journey.
I think the author did this journey just to find "gold" and to make it rich and to get his name placed with the discovery of one of the lost cities of the Central Americas. He just wanted attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment