Saturday, January 19, 2019
Review: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus
I am glad that i did not read this book before Two Can Keep A Secret. This book was not the best and I can say for sure that it will be going on to my worst books of the year. I just did not like it at all. Two can Keep a Secret was good and I enjoyed that story line way better than this one.
This is a Breakfast Club meets Pretty Little Liars and oooh, man is it cringe worthy. The character I hated the most was named Addy. She was a dumb ditzy doormat. She had a mother who clearly didn't grow up at all and thinks that you just have to have looks and be dumb as a box of rocks to get and keep a man so he can take care of you. She was also controlled by her boyfriend.
This book is about these 5 teens who get detention for having cell phones in their backpacks. The phones are clearly not theirs and they have been planted. The teen who dies has been running this gossip app and spreading peoples secrets. The 4 other kids in the room are dubbed the murder club and are the 4 main suspects since everyone knew that the guy who died had a peanut allergy and he had a heavy dose of peanut oil that was laced in a cup.
This book dragged on and on. It would get to certain parts of the investigation, and then a couple sentences later we would have three or four pages on characters making out, talking about sex, or watching movies on Netflix.
Not a fan of this novel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment