Thursday, June 6, 2019
Review: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
Finally started this series after buying this book from Bookoutlet.com and letting it sit on my shelf for over a year. I am a big mythology buff and I enjoy it a lot. I took a mythology class my senior year of high school and out of all the students that took the class that year, I was the only one who had the highest grade at 100% and I didn't even go the last month of school thanks to having a baby.
This series follows three new main characters. Piper, Leo, and Jason. We start off with Jason just appearing on the school bus with his "friends". He has no memory of who he is, where he is at and who the people are. The coach is giving him a what the hell look and it kind of reminded me of the first scene in Percy Jackson where they are on a field trip and something bad happens thanks to the teacher who is over the whole thing. Kind of like that, but not. It has action and drama and satyrs from the very beginning.
Not going to spoil the rest of the story. I enjoyed how this focused on Greek mythology as well as the Roman counterparts. I am not a big on Roman mythology as it kind of gets confusing, but I should have seen the ending coming, but I didn't and loved the ending.
Poor Percy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment