Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Review: YOU by Caroline Kepnes
This was a tough one to finish. I was intrigued and had to know what happened next. By everyone's reviews and reactions to this book and the show, I was expecting something completely different. I was not as creeped out as everyone else was. Only once did I feel that I was being followed and watched. There were a couple times when I thought Joe to be completely normal and then immediately his severe mental illness would come through.
Every character in this book is annoying and ignorant. Beck was just your typical middle-class white girl with daddy issues and dates men that treat her like shit. Also, she is addicted to social media and I would not be surprised if she tweeted that she was taking a shit at 4am in the morning. #keepinitregular. And I did not know about the massive amounts of sex talks and masturbating. Good God. I was not expecting that.
The cover creeped me out more than the actual words in this story, and I will be watching the show with my hubby. Overall, this book does have me wanting to read Hidden Bodies, not soon but maybe later on in the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment