Thursday, July 4, 2019
Review: Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!! This review is going up on the best day possible and I am glad that I finished this book in time... THANK YOU AUDIBLE!
Like many people, I became obsessed with the Broadway show Hamilton. Every time I would write a blog post, I would listen to the soundtrack on Spotify. I knew I wanted to read this book eventually, and kept putting it off by the number of pages. I knew it was a nonfiction that I wanted to have marked as read on my Goodreads shelf and say yes, I read this hunk of a book.
It's basically the biography of Alexander Hamilton. From his parents' origins and how they met and how Alexander and his brother eventually became orphans. It talks about slavery on the Caribbean islands and Hamilton being a shipping clerk and eventually going to America.
Most of the time while reading this, I was thinking about the musical. Some parts had to be left out of the musical for obvious reasons that it was so repetitive and often times while reading, it would go into the backstory for John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, George Washington, and Aaron Burr.
I did do a reading vlog while reading this and I will be linking it in a separate post. I bring up some facts that if Alexander Hamilton were alive today, he would freaking LOVE twitter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment