Monday, July 8, 2019

Review: The Last Namsara by Kristen Ciccarelli


I watch so many Fairy Loot unboxings and can still remember when this was one of the books in their box. It had beautiful silver foiling and I had to have it. Now they have a fairy trove on their website which has leftovers from their boxes and this book is on there, along with others that I want because of the sprayed edges. So the fairy trove is now a TBR for me...lol. This was the first one and I absolutely loved it, now I can justify buying this book from Fairy Loot.

This is a fantasy that is based around dragons and ancient stories that can kill you. We follow Asha or "Iskari" as she is known to her people. She is the dragon hunter. Her father is the king who made her the dragon hunter. When she was 8 years old, her mother died by telling the ancient stories. The ancient stories were seen as poisonous and they were deemed a criminal offense if anyone was caught telling the stories. Asha began telling the stories out loud and caught the attention of the main dragon. He wanted her to always tell him the stories until she refused. He burned the town and her and she was punished.

It's a story of heartbreak, betrayal, rebellion, and finally, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...