Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Review: Chosen by Kiersten White


I used to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer when I was a kid and then at the end of 2018 I read Slayer by Kiersten White and really enjoyed. Last year I rewatched the series and understood it more and remember a lot more than from my childhood. I planned on re-reading Slayer before reading this but just didn't have time.

I enjoyed this one just as much as the first. It included my favorite demon Clem who was in the show and was acquaintances with Spike. Clem does his own trash talking of the peroxided vampire in this and it made me laugh so hard. He also had a kitten with him which was promptly taken away by Nina, our newest slayer.

Nina is left reeling over the death of her coulda been boyfriend Leo who turned out to be an incubus. She is missing her twin sister Artemis who left to be her own person and eventually becomes the "villian" in this story.

I also found another favorite quote in this book. My second one of the year. Who the heck am I.

The quote is super fitting because I have watched Hamilton on Disney+ 3 times now and we have just passed the 4th of July. The quote is "You know how Americans feel about King George's tea."

I ended up giving this book a 4 star because I loved the inclusion of more characters like Clem, Oz the werewolf and even Faith and the first slayer. I didn't like the constant comparisons between Nina and Buffy. Nina would think of Buffy all the time and think that she would do this and not that. The first book she was so adamant that Buffy was unreliable and wanted to be different, but in this one, it's the complete opposite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...