Monday, July 13, 2020
Review: Dead Moon Rising by Caitlin Sangster
I have finished another series that I really enjoyed at the beginning and then took over a year to get to the final book where I forgot pretty much everything and was confused most of the time until it finally clicked. I really wanted to enjoy this book and I think that my dis-enjoyment is mainly my fault for not reviewing my review for the previous two books. I could remember the main plot line and the main character, but when it came to the other characters I drew a complete blank.
Sev is in Dr. Yang's care and I remember being totally against the ending of the second and that it should have been Howl that was put to Sleep instead of Sev. I think the author was just trying to tie to many loose ends to wrap up the story and it seemed kind of disjointed. The book started out with different POV's and then came long stints where every chapter became just one POV until you get sucked into that POV and then we get another characters in the next chapter.
I knew how the story was going to end, but I kind of hoped that it wouldn't have ended happily. So many stories now a days are ending the same way, especially in YA fantasy where the girl saves the world. Just maybe can we have the girl fail at the end and not have a sequel. Of course there will probably be riots and negative reviews, but it's time to break the damn mold!
If you want to know what this series is about, go search for my review for the first book where I did a blog tour post on the first and second books.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin
DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...
-
I was originally going to do a review on just the book, but then decided to review and compare both the book and the movie as well. I am goi...
-
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl . This week is a freebie prompt so I am going to be sharing m...
-
This outfit is called lazy day . I made this set just on a whim. I saw the socks while I was watching an episode of Pit Bulls and Parolees,...

No comments:
Post a Comment