Sunday, May 15, 2022

Recovering From the Flu// Sunday Post #31

 

So, the title explains it all. For the past two weeks my family and I have been battling the flu. On May 2nd, my oldest daughter was super tired and complaining of a sore throat all day. I gave her an early day off from her lessons and she went to sleep for 4 hours. This kid NEVER takes naps or sleeps during the day. On Tuesday she woke up with a fever of 102.5 and she had her very first covid test. It came back negative and my husband ended up taking her to our local urgent care. From there just started a domino effect. She had the rest of the week off and quarantine in her room to keep our younger daughters from getting sick. Who was the next to get it, ME. Needless to say, everyone ended up getting it and my youngest daughter had to go to the hospital in the middle of the night because she got it the worst with projectile vomitting. Everyone is on the mend, we just have lingering coughs. The flu has definitely derailed our month. Our last day of the school year was supposed to be Friday, but will now be tomorrow. Our pets have been clingy all week. That was super hard staying away from the animals so they wouldn't get sick. I have not been this sick since 2019 and I would not wish the flu on my worst enemy. Just everyone, please wash hand and wear a mask and if you think you are sick, then please stay home. 


Sunday: BLOG TOUR: Dig Two Graves

Tuesday: BLOG TOUR: We Are The Song

Wednesday: WWW Wednesday #10

Friday: The Love Hypothesis review



Heathen Blog Tour

Top Ten Tuesday

WWW Wednesday

Outlander review

Murder on the Links review



Doing well on my book buying ban and I have not gotten any read now copies on Netgalley. I am trying to get through my stack of library books that are due back this week.



9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you were all so sick, but I'm glad to hear the family is on the mend. Great job not buying any more books. I wish I had your self-control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the flu! Glad you are starting to feel better. Wishing you a better week ahead! My Sunday Post: https://bonniereadsandwrites.wordpress.com/2022/05/15/sunday-post-4/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh so sorry you guys were all sick! No fun, no fun at all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you've all recovered now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are also in between a bout of flu and I am already dreading my turn with it. I am glad that you and your family are getting better though.

    I hope you have a great week ahead.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the flu is miserable!! Glad you guys are all on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that sounds awful. Glad everyone is feeling better, but yeah... no fun. Hope this week is a better one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry you all have been so sick! I hope you have a great last day of the school year and are able to get through your library books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry you all got the flu. Did you get the flu shot or was it a different variant? Hope you are all feeling better this week, I know it can take up to 10 days.

    ReplyDelete

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...