Third book completed for my Agatha Christie reading challenge and I am having the most fun. I remember having to read And Then There Were None in my 7th grade language arts class and I failed because I hated the dialect and that is what we were studying at the time which now, I have no problem with. This is the second book in the Hercule Poirot series and I have to say that so far, I like the Tommy and Tuppence series more in book form, but adaptation wise, I like the Hercule Poirot series.
The one thing that I associate with Hercule Poirot is his constant saying of Little Grey Cells which means his brain. It is so annoying, yet I look forward to it. In this installment, Poirot is summoned to a estate in France by a man who thinks his life is in danger and he wants Poirot to come investigate. Poirot arrives in France with his friend Captain Hastings who annoyed the living hell out of me. I was so disgusted by his behavior and how he acted towards the two women. His relationship with the one woman was so insta love and then the other he considered the most beautiful woman and he was so in love with her. He also treated Poirot like shit and the part where he defended one of the women and stopped Poirot was very slap in the face, shit on the friendship.
The book did lag once again where Poirot just kept talking in circles and never got to the point when revealing who done it and why. It seems that when it gets to that part, I know that I am going to be annoyed and want to skim.
The next book that I have to read in the Agatha Christie reading challenge is the first book in the Colonel Race series. I do have my hesitations about starting another series, but I will be taking a small break, so I don't burn out from the challenge.

No comments:
Post a Comment