Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Review: Amulet #7: Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi *SPOILERS*

 

Finally reading book seven because my daughter won't leave me alone. I have forgotten a lot about this and the characters, so overall the series is not memorable. The beginning was a little sad as Emily was having a memory of going on a hiking trip with her dad that never happened. 

My favorite part so far was Dagno, the little wyvern putting on Cogsley's helmet and flying at super speed to knock out a bad guy. He also cheeps which is cute with his little overbite. Dagno is the only character I like. Emily and navin are still on their seperate missions and I am not liking the story line of Navin working in a resturant when he has wanted posters all over the city and transport area. Not really smart.

The memories of the people who were killed by the stonekeepers on Algos Island was sad and very creepy. So many elves rising up against the elf king and coming to the aid of Navin and Emily. I am still obsessed with all of the vibrant colors and the way the cortex was designed to hold all the stolen memories. I wish it would have went into more of the science aspect that was teased, it fills like a cop out to just say that the elves don't even know what it is.

The firebird is so damn stunning. I knew there was something fishy about Emily dreaming that her dad was still alive. The ending is so cliffhanger-y. Is Emily working against the pull of the shadows, or has she really bee brainwashed by the shadows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...