I have finally completed the Heroes of Olympus series. I started this series in May 2019 and it has been a ride to say the least. I didn't think I would like this series because it involved Roman mythology and I didn't know much about it and kept getting confused at the very beginning, but throughout the years reading this and other myths, I learned more and could finally keep Roman gods and goddess in check.
The third book is still my favorite because of the places they visit and Reyna, Nico and Coach Hedge visit South Carolina in this one and I fact checked and actually learned more about my state's history from the Revolutionary War. I was also thinking of a character death that I thought took place in this book, but then found out that it is in the next series I am supposed to read. Which will be a while because I really need to read Rick Riordan's Egyptian series.
In this book, our seven demigods who are on a big quest together, have split into two groups. Nico, Reyna and Coach Hedge are tasked with bringing a statue that was stolen by the Romans back to Camp Half Blood. Percy, Jason, Leo, and Annabeth and the others are going to Athens to stop the giants from raising Gaea. They have all the stops along the way with battles and a little down time. I giggled a lot through this one an it is my second favorite of the series.
My hope is that the Disney+ show of Percy Jackson and the Olympians does so well that they can adapt this series and keep the actors in the age brackets.

No comments:
Post a Comment