Sunday, July 3, 2022

The Classics Club Challenge: Year 1 Wrap Up

 I have completed my first year of the 5 year long Classics Club Challenge. I set out to read 50 classics in 5 years and in the first year I have read..... 


1. The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

2. Animal Farm by George Orwell

3. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

4. Macbeth by William Shakespeare

5. Life of Pi by Yann Martel

6. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy

7. The Mysterious Affair at Styles by Agatha Christie


My reviews for these books are on my blog and also on the website The Classics Club. I have had so much fun this past year reading classics. I didn't force myself and some became a favorite and wanting to read more from one author and of course dislikes. I wish that I could have gotten to 10, but 7 is decent for me where in the past I only read maybe 1 or 2 classics a year, sometimes classics wouldn't even be on my radar.

My favorite classic from my 1st year is: THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY!!!!

My least favorite classic from my 1st year: THE SCARLET LETTER with Anna Karenina in 2nd place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...