I jumped on this hype train and I am SO FUCKING GLAD I DID!!!!!!!!. I am obsessed. For the longest time, I did not care about dragons. I would look over books that had dragons because I just didn't have the interest to read about them. I gave into the hype and had a little case of fomo. Funny thing is that my husband's uncle is currently listening to this on audio book which is really brave of him...lol. I got told this after reading the first sex scene and what ran through my mind was that hopefully he is listening through headphones and not a speaker or his truck radio.
While reading this, Books a Million announced their special edition of Fourth Wing and a preorder of Iron Flame which is the sequel and I happily threw 60 dollars at them for both books. So patiently waiting for November 7th. I am going to be getting a copy of this edition because I feel like I would be betraying Adarna who is the little gold dragon.
Now onto what this book is about. We start off with our main character Violet being told by her mother who is a General of the Basgiath War College that Violet will be entering the Rider's Quadrant and not the Scribes Quandrant. Violet is shocked because she has grown up thinking that she would be joining the Scribes and she is very weak. We learn that she was born with a condition that affects her growth and joints and it has made her hair silver. She has no choice but to join the riders.
When she arrives at the Rider's Quadrant entrance, she has to complete a task to gain entrance to the grounds. She has to do a dangrous hike/climb called the parapet. It is the first thing that first year Riders have to complete and not die. Violet makes a friend Named Rhiannon and then two enemies who hate her mother. One is a guy named Jack Barlowe who is psychotic and the other is Xaden. He is the son of the great betrayer and has the rebellion rune to mark him as a traitor's son.
When they pass the parapet, they have classes and fight training. They also have to show no weakness when confronting the dragons or they will be burned to a crisp. Violet always has to be on the lookout because people want to kill her for being the general daughter and also being the weakest link.
The dragons are my favorite of the whole thing. I love how they are so sassy and refuse to do what the humans say and order. They love their riders and become so protective over them. One scene where a squad leader was killed, her dragon was mourning and so heartbroken that I wanted to cry.
I have seen videos of people reading this and crying at the end, but I was expecting something to have happened to one of the dragons.
I am so stoked for book 2.

No comments:
Post a Comment