Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Atmospheric Books

 


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl.

This week's topic is to share atmospheric books. These books immediately came to mind because they transported me to the setting, spooked me and making me jump. Giving me sense of smell and memories of childhood. Details in books are amazing and it truly does matter when it comes to enjoyment of a book.

1. The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton

2. When You Get the Chance by Emma Lord

3. Slewfoot by Brom

4. Wake the Bones by Elizabeth Kilcoyne

5. Small Favors by Erin A Craig

6. The Bone Houses by Emily Lloyd Jones

7. The Tea Planters Wife by Dinah Jeffries

8. Wink Poppy Midnight April Genevieve Tucholke

9. The Dead and the Dark by Courtney Gould

10. Ground Zero by Alan Gratz

6 comments:

  1. Great list!
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/atmospheric-thrillers-and-mystery-books/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wake the Bones sounds interesting.

    Here is my Top Ten Tuesday post.

    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound interesting.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2023/10/24/top-ten-tuesday-atmospheric-books/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wake the Bones and The Tea Planters sound interesting! I will have to add them to my tbr list.

    Here is my list: https://storiedconversation.com/top-ten-tuesday-atmospheric-books/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read or heard of many of these. I will have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed. Vivid details really make a book come alive for me as well. I haven't read any of these, but several of them sound like ones I need to take a closer look at.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...