I finished a series. Go me. I have been keeping my eye on this book for the majority of the year since I read the second earlier this year. I kind of forgot that I did read it this year, but I everything came back to me as soon as I started reading this.
This takes place right after the tournament and Alucard Emery becomign champion. We start with Lilah trying to save Kell from the torture that Holland left him to endure. While Kell is being tortured, Rhy is back in red London and slowly dying and the king and queen and Emery losing their minds. Lilah saves Kell and transports them back to red London.
Osaron is still in control of Holland and Holland is doing his best to fight back and regain control. Osaron ends up going to red Londong because of the endless magic and he starts to corrupt the citizens. He then styles himself the shadow king who is a God. King Maxim and Tieren immediately come up with a way to stop Osaron from controlling and killing the citizens.
Reading these parts about King Maxim really piqued my interest in the steel prince graphic novels about when the King was still a prince. I did almost cry a few times and I just loved every single minute of reading it. I was not bored during any section but there were some repetitive scenes and lines that I just got annoyed with. The constant talk of Lilah's shattered eye. Holland being chained to the prison walls. Queen Emira not wanting children because she would be scared and then she had Rhy and she was terrified all the time.
I can't wait to get my hands on the Steel Prince graphic novels and the new book Fragile Threads of Power because that title makes so much more sense now.

No comments:
Post a Comment