Another Agatha Christie book that I do not know how to feel about. Thankfully these were short stories and not a series of novels. That being said, I think that they were to convinient and easy. By the last two stories, I actually wanted to know if Mr. Quin was meant to be a spectre, ghost, or hallucination.
Our main character Mr. Satterthwaite is always in a place where something goes wrong or something is about to happen. When the conflict arises, he is always thinking of his friend Mr. Quin and what would he do and then boom, he just shows up. The thing is, he never really helps with the cases or investigations. He just gives Mr. Satterthwaite the confidence to figure it out on his own and when the case is resolved, Mr. Quin just vanishes.
The last story is really puzzling because it takes place at the end of a dead end road with a rubbush heap at the end. Mr. Satterthwaite ends up saving a life from being unalived by themselves and Mr. Quin is walking down the road like a grim reaper... that is how I interpreted the scene.
I don't know if these shorts have been adapted, if so, I would love to see how Mr. Quin is shown and written.

No comments:
Post a Comment