Slowly but surely making my way through this series. Book three into one of my favorite series and it took me almost all month to read it. I tandem read with the audiobook because I would have definitely spent more than a month reading it. To make this read even more special is that the final season of the show is airing and I am not thrilled about it doing a Game of Thrones and finishing before the last book.
I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed the beginning with Claire in 1960's Scotland with Brianna and Roger. They are trying to find what happened to Jamie. Brianna is much more open minded and we get a look of Claire's life with Frank when she came back. There was a scene where Frank lost his good guy status with me. He had been at work all day and Claire was with baby Brianna and they were to have a dinner party for Frank's boss and his wife. Claire hates the wife because she gives unneeded advice about everything. Well Claire has had a rough day and Frank just walks in and tells Claire that she could have cleaned the house and made herself presentable. This woman has cooked all day and taken care of a newborn. I punched the book and made my oldest daughter laugh.
I was not expecting Frank's death to be one of my biggest fears. It kind of triggered me the next day when my hubby left for work.
I really enjoyed Jamie's chapters after Culloden. His time in prison and being on the English estate and we find out how he sired his son. That was very disturbing. To be honest, the whole time I was reading this book, I was dreading when Laoghaire would enter the picture. She is by far my least favorite character and when I found out that Jamie married her, I lost a little interest in this series as a whole.
When Claire made it back through the stones and found Jamie and everything that went wrong since she showed up just made me bored. It was all so coincidental and running into the same characters everywhere they went. I think that this book could have been cut in half and been fine. The second half of this book when Jamie and Claire reunited felt like straight filler. I also really enjoyed the fact that one of the minor characters of Jamie's crew has my last name!
The ending proves that when the hurricane puts them in the state of Georgia.
Sidenote: I finished reading this while sitting in my home while Hurricane Helene is flooding my state.
I can't wait to watch the third season.

No comments:
Post a Comment