Sunday, August 10, 2025

Review: The Cinnamon Bun Book Store by Laurie Gilmore

 


Book two in the Dream Harbor series and it was a 5 star read. I enjoyed it more than The Pumpkin Spice Cafe. I really liked Hazel and Noah more than Jeanie and Logan even though they made an appearance a couple of times throughout this book. 

Hazel runs the local book store and she is about to be 30. She is feeling stuck and wants to have a fun 2 months before her birthday. She then notices a book hanging out of the romance section and it has been dog eared and marked. She is angry at first because who would vandalize a book and not buy it. She then reads the underlined portion and takes it to be a clue that she needs to have fun. 

She then enlists the help of Noah, who is a fisherman and boat tour guide who moved to the town recently. He has the "hots" for Hazel and the take the clues and have a fun summer adventure. Noah is known for not having long relationships because he has one night stands only with tourists.Hazel is also older than him and Noah is running away from his family because he thinks of himself as a disappointment.

Noah and Hazel grow close obviously and then things get hot and spicy. Noah learns about things going on back home and he decides to go back after Hazels birthday which Hazel takes to think that he doesn't want to be with her and that their fun summer adventure is coming to an end. 

The ending was predictable and Noah's grand gesture at the end made me freaking swoon and it is what pushed this to 5 stars. We also get introduced to the next character that will be our main female in the next book that I am hoping to read before Christmas. 

I really loved that the cover was described in a scene but this book is set during summer and I would have wanted some more summer vibes, but the foil leaves made me happy. I also love that Caspar the cat makes an appearance on the cover. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...