Friday, August 22, 2025

Review: How To Love Your Neighbor


 My kids recently started going to a lot of events at our local libraries and while I was sitting in the main part of the library, I decided to start on my Netgally books because I have a lot and I am still surprised I have not been banned. This was the very last one on my shelf and I got this one back in 2022.

This took me almost a month to read because I was only reading it during library events, and then I had to put it down because I starterd reading The Cinnamon Bun Book Store and it was so similar and both male characters were named Noah. I was also having anxiety everytime I picked it up because there is a character that I was dreading on being introduced too.

This book starts off with our main female named Grace doing her morning dog walks on the beach and then she sees this hot surfer guy coming out of the water and the dogs basically attack him with kisses. Throughout the first quarter of the book, we find out that he is a rich boy who is used to getting his way and making business deals. He is in the process of renovating his house and he wants the house next door because he wants to build a pool.

He is having trouble finding the owner and lo and behold, one day Grace moves in because it had been given to her by her grandparents. Noah quickly makes his way on to my shit list because he just will not take no for an answer. Grace is renovating the house on her own and Noah is coming up with all these ways to manipulate her into selling and tries to come up with all these expenses to throw at her.

They eventually get close because obviously, and then Noah gets a magazine offer to document the renovation and the journalist drags Grace as the interior designer. Grace comes up with all these challenges to do with Noah. It was very unrealistic, because one of them is painting walls in her home and he has never painted in his life because why do something youself when you can pay someone to do it.... ugh. 

The character that I was dreading ended up be Grace's mother and she was just a money hungry bitch who wanted the house and was going to do anything and everything to get what she thought was owed to her and she was just awful to Grace. I was dreading this character so much because my husbands father is the same exact way and it was very triggering. 

I ended up skimming the end because it was very rushed and predictable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Alice in Borderland volume 1 by Haro Aso *spoilers* PART 2

  I decided to split my blogpost for volume 1 into 2 because it would be hella long and I wasn't about that. Plus having the first part ...