Wednesday, August 6, 2025

Review: The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving

 


Never realized how short this was. I had never read this as a kid or watched any adaptation, but I knew the character Ichabod Crane and the headless horseman. That is it. I ended up giving this 3 stars because I really like the spooky and creppy atmosphere of the puritan type town of Sleepy Hollow. I could imagine it just shrouded in fog always.

While I was listening to this on audio, I got bored really quickly because while Ichabod Crane is in the woods, there is a description of every single bird there is and I just did not care at all. I just wanted to know more about Crane and the headless horseman. I would have loved to know if the horseman was a hessian soldier.

I can't wait to watch the movie because I think it will be one of those times where the movie will be far more superior than the book. I am a Johnny Depp fan so I may be biased.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...