Still continuing in this series and I have to say the Cinnamon Bun Bookstore is still my favorite. I am just obsessed with this cover because of the cabin and the little Westie on the cover. This is the third book in the Dream Harbor series and with every book I read, I want to move to Dream Harbor.
This installment follows Kira, a girl from Georgia who is trying to figure out who she is after her twin and other half, up and got married and moved to Denmark. Kira is a doomscroller and loves to follow homesteading profiles... which is so relatable. I follow so many homesteaders and renovating people.
She ends up using her remaining trust fund to buy the christmas tree farm and delapitated farm house. She has no heating and she seriously underestimated the amount of work that would need to be done. The love interest is Bennet, who is the brother to Jeanie who owns the Pumpkin Spice Cafe.
Bennet is the helper and wants to help everyone with everything. He has three dogs and honestly, I wish that the were characterized better because their names are said so much, that I did not know which one was being talked about. Kira is obsessed with animals and she meets the dogs on her property and she is an absolute bitch to Bennet.
My thoughts throughout the first half of the book was she is deserving of the cold and not having heat in her house because of the bitchy way she is acting towards Bennett and everyone. She doesn't want help, but then later she is reminiscing about the maid that she had growing up and how she finally noticed her when the maid missed a day of work because she was sick.
She finally noticed because her breakfast didn't taste the same.... HOW FUCKING SHALLOW! Even though there is supposed to be some redemption for her character when she gave half her trust funds to charities... just to spite her mom because god forbid "what would their friends say"?
I really thought the town went to far when they recruited Bennett to snoop of the farm for a dead body because of the rumors of the previous owner. I also think that Kira and Bennett are not a good match for each other and that the sex scenes were boring. The only hot thing about it was in front of the fireplace during a snowstorm.
I do kind of wish that when Bennett left to go back to California, he would have made Kira sweat out the wait a little longer before running back like a dog with a bone. Also Kira getting pitbull named Benny which is Bennett nickname is very tacky.
I was uncomfortable with the dogs meeting because it was not a safe way. Bennett lets his three dogs run straight to Kira without knowing about the new dog and the pitbull was scared and timid and growling. It is realistic, but I feel that it would send the wrong message to people who read this book and have never owned dogs, and they suddenly get one and think this behavior is ok.

No comments:
Post a Comment