Wednesday, May 6, 2026

Review: Lord Edgware Dies by Agatha Christie *SPOILERS*

 


Another Agatha Christie read for my reading challenge. I am slowly getting through her works. I am finding these quite forgettable and I have not gotten a 5 star yet. 

In this, Hercule Poirot and Captain Hastings investigate the murder of Lord Edgware. Hercule Poirot had met with his wife, Jane an actress, the day before and she wanted him done in because she wanted to marry another man. Poirot met with Lord Edgware to see if he would divorce his wife Jane. 

Jane was surpried to hear that he had agreed to a divorce. The next day, Lord edgware was found murdered in his study. His daughter and maid all agree that they saw Jane do it. Hercule Poirot immediately starts investigating.

I was a little annoyed with Jane because when she found out about the murder, she immediately started buy clothes for the funeral and trying on hats and fainting and straight up acting. People close to Jane are adament that she killed him, but there is eye witnesses that say that she was at a dinner party at the time of the murder.

There are two more murders that follow and one is a comedian who does impersonations. She did an impersonation of Jane and Jane loved it. She is found with pince-nez in her handbag and she was not someone who wore glasses. 

Poirot comes to the conclusion of who did the murders and we find out that it was in fact Jane who killed her husband. 

The ending was truly crazy and would be grounds to throw her ass in the loony bin because she write to Poirot from prison saying that she had no idea he was that smart and that she hopes to have a wax statue of herself in a museum some day because she thought her plan was genius. Un freaking believable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...