Thursday, February 12, 2015

Home Changes

The kids love their bunk beds. We got our new hot water heater today and my house is still a freaking mess. Adalyn had her doctor's appointment today, which I posted earlier today, Addy's check up. There's the link if you haven't already read it.

Yesterday, we got the bunk beds. Cayce was waiting all morning and I was joking saying that it wouldn't come until that night. Right when I said it, the truck was backing up to the front porch. The boxes weren't in the house a good five minutes before Cayce started tearing into them.


These were the mattresses that were vacuumed sealed and the funny thing was that when the air was being let out, the coils in the bed sounded like popcorn kernels popping. Our pastor then showed up to help Cayce put the beds together.




They started around 1:00pm. To keep the kids occupied, we brought them into my room and let them watch Rio 2. Samantha and Ariana got the day off from school because they would have been seriously distracted. I decided to cook simple and I started a beef stew that morning and when the bunk beds were finally assembled and done around 6:30pm, the stew was done.

My kids are freaking crazy when they get food in front of their faces...lol.
Now, while they were eating, I went and took pictures of the disaster and the finished product.

Disaster:


Finished Product:


When it was finished, we got the kids in the room to show them. We taught Samantha how to climb to the top and at first, she was scared. The funny thing was, when she said that she didn't want to go up any further, Ariana marched right up and said in a her big strong voice, "Let me do it, I'm an expert climber." My dad about lost it when she said that. It was so funny and she didn't even get to the top because she got scared. It was a funny ending to a LONG day.
Ready for bed
 
I finished their closet the day before and here is a picture. Now all I need to do is go through their dressers.
 

There are still more changes being made inside out house, and I will be posting them soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review: Is This A Cry For Help by Emily Austin

  DNF at 40%. I could not continue this whiplash. I was expecting some big drama surrounding the ex but finding out that she broke up with h...